In order to help your consultation with a personal injury attorney be as efficient as possible, there are a few things that you’ll need to bring with you:
- Accident report: If you were involved in a motor vehicle crash, bring a copy of the accident report or police report. This report often provides a beneficial assessment of factors that contributed to the collision as well as an assessment of liability.
- Receipts: If you paid expenses that were directly related to your injuries or other damages, bring receipts to your consultation. These may include receipts for medical bills, prescriptions, or repairs.
- Medical records and insurance information: Save copies of your medical records and any related insurance documentation.
- Pay stubs: If you had to miss time away from work due to your injuries, bring pay stubs or other documentation that details your wages.
- Witness information and correspondence: If you were able to gather contact information for witnesses, bring this information to your consultation. Also keep any correspondence you had with witnesses or with the responsible party’s insurance provider.